The Stepping Stones to Adoption
1. Contact Adoption Circle to speak with a social worker who will answer your questions.
2. Schedule an appointment to have a social worker come to meet with you to help you begin to look at your options and begin to design your adoption plan for your baby.
3. Select the prospective adoptive family that you believe would be the best parents for your baby.
4. You decide if you would like to meet or talk with the prospective adoptive parents that you selected.
5. You continue to have support from the staff and your social worker with Adoption Circle.
6. The baby is born. This is your time to decide how you would like to proceed. You can request to have the prospective adoptive parents to be with you and the baby during labor and delivery or during your hospital stay.
7. Anytime after 72 hours birth you can decide to complete your adoption plan. Your social worker will assist you in arranging how you want to sign the adoption paperwork. You decide where you would like to meet. You do not have to appear in court.
8. After the paperwork is signed the baby can be placed with the parents that you selected. Your baby does not need to go to foster care.
9. After placement you and the adoptive parents can decide to have openness in your relationship.