Adoption counselor, Dawn Friedman, MSEd, LPC-CR, will be hosting a discussion-based workshop next month in her Worthington office for adoptive parents who want help with starting adoption conversations with their kids.
Tailored to the needs of both pre-adoptive parents and those who are already parenting, this 2-hour workshop on talking to kids about adoption will help parents create and nurture healthy conversations. We will discuss:
- How to begin the conversation;
- The ways your child’s development shapes their need to know;
- Telling the truth: when, why and how;
- Engaging the reluctant child;
- How to be prepared for unexpected questions.
We meet February 26th at 7pm at 6660 North High Street, Suite 1A in Worthington. Class size is limited to give everyone a chance to share. Registration is $25. Refreshments are provided. No childcare is available.
Register by going to Dawn’s site: http://www.BuildingFamilyCounseling.com